The best beach in gozo is all up to what you like, some like sandy beaches while someothers prefer a rocky one.
Here is my list of beaches in Gozo, both sandy and rocky.
- Mgarr ix-xini is my personal number one, this little beach offers total relaxation and you might think your on the other side of the world. Its right in a valley west of Mgarr and it is not so easy to find, this is probably the reason why its quiet, calm and relaxing.
It has some sand and small stone abut also offer rocks to just from. there is also one of the absolut best lunch restaurants in Malta right on the beach and the chef bbq outside everyday all summer long. Im not going to explain how to get their, its for you to find out.
- Dahlet qorrot is number two on my list, its also a small beach in a quiet location, doesnt offer any restaurant but a small sandy patch with a large sandy bay 3 minutes swim away. Its perfect for snorkeling even for kids.
- San blas beach / bay , is another lovely place but this require abit of walking down the very steep hill, or else pay the guy with the jeep a euro or two to take you down / up. There is no parking down at the beach so even if you got a jeep your self you wont be able to park. Most years there is a small kiosk on the beach where you can find something small to eat or a drink.
- Ramla il hamra is the largest sandy beach in Gozo and offers a number of kiosks and bars. However the place is usually crowded at keep season from mid july to august. The sand is a bit more coarse then other beaches in Malta and Gozo and there is also quite abit of small stone in the water which makes it hard to get in.
- Wied il ghasri, it might not really be a beach but it is a very nice place to swim if you like something different. Straight in the cliffvalley just north of zebbug, a nice find, if you manage to find it..
- Dwejra and Azure window, nice and popular rocky bay well worth a look, very good diving and snorkeling.